Print Page

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Why Mongoid

Just noticed the previous post to my mongoid troubleshooting post mentioned mongo_mapper. Why did I change? I hadn't gotten too deep into either one so didn't have much of an opinion. I picked mongo_mapper initially since it had more of a track record, even though some blog posts said mongoid integrated a bit better with Rails 3. But then I wanted to try out devise and they had switched from direct support of mongo_mapper to mongoid. I started into a brief look at what it would take to hook up devise with mongo_mapper, since I had started using it (barely), but then I found Daniel Kehoe's excellent devise mongo starter project http://github.com/fortuity/rails3-mongoid-devise and tried it out. I started a test project off of it as he suggested, and that worked right away. Later fiddling with my Gemfile got things out of sync. Now I see he is using an updated his Gemfile's lines for mongoid, so I will try that.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the rails3-mongoid-devise example app was helpful!

    -- Daniel

    ReplyDelete