Print Page

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Alignment plot and death log

This is an example of the Gygax cartesian alignment chart being used to log the moral progress of PCs as vectors over time. After each session I'd make a new dot if I felt someone's alignment was shifted by in game acts, often connected by a line back through older ones. For a few characters like clerics & paladins, or bearers of aligned magic weaponry it mattered. With all the erasures, it's kind of hard to see.
It also records the deaths of all my high school friend's D&D adventurers that didn't make it back out of the dungeon or the wilderness. They'd get erased off the plot and marked below. Wish I had logged a bit more detail about how each one died, now that it is so long I don't remember for most.

No comments:

Post a Comment